Saturday, October 4, 2014

The moment it arrives

You know there really are some things that you can never be prepared for and becoming a father is one of these things. One minute you are a family of two the next you are three. Becoming a father means different things to different people, to me it was a moment of responsibility, of standing up to be counted. To others it's a deeply emotional experience. I never had that wail with joy experience, god dammit I'm British! Stiff upper lip ole chap!! What I did feel though was a deep sense of love for Kim my long suffering wife. Together we are in this until we die now so our love needs to be stronger than ever.

Unlike many we went for the sun roof option of birth rather than pushing it out of the trap door. Ours was a health decision to ensure the safety of Kim who had had a shocker of a pregnancy. Being totally selfish as a man I preferred the sunroof option as it to me seems more controlled and predictable.

Of course out came little Mitchell Corey Edwards kicking and screaming, a happy little chap then! Being six weeks premature he was whisked straight off to icu, so was Kim who had an epidural due to her being allergic to most pain meds known to man.

The day was mostly a blur and a rush, however the evening was long as I celebrated with way to many cool drinks to remember much about it. Being surrounded by joy and my closest friends was simply awesome and now the journey starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment